Monday, January 25, 2010

18 Months!

I am exactly 18 months old today! Can you believe it? Mommy and Daddy tell me that I am getting to be such a big girl!

I had my 18 month appointment with the doctor on Friday. Boy, I was not happy to see that nurse! It took awhile for me to let her weigh and measure me. Luckily she only had to give me one shot!

Here are my updated stats:
Weight: 23.4 lbs (35-35%)
Height: 33 Inches (87%)

So, I lost a little weight since my last appointment but the doctor wasn't worried. I am growing and developing just as I should be. I probably lost weight because I've been on a bit of a hunger strike. I've decided to be a little picky about what I eat. You know, I am getting closer to 2 years old so it is time to start to assert my 'tude (attitude) a bit!

Mommy and Daddy decided it would be fun to write down all of the words I say they other day. They came up with 42! I think that is a lot! In addition to my words I love to flap my arms and buzz like a bee, pretend to swim like a fish, and put my arm in the air like an elephant. I've also gotten to be really good at jumping and I love to watch my Laurie Berkner and Elmo DVDs. I still love to read my books and to point and name the animals that are in them!

I was a bit under the weather this weekend. I had a stomach bug that made for a bit of a messy weekend for all of us, including the restaurant we were at on Friday night. Good thing we were done eating and almost ready to leave. Grandma Edna said she gave the waitress a big tip! I went to daycare today and so far so good, so hopefully I'm on the mend and mommy and daddy don't end up getting it.

Not much else to report here. I'm hoping to get out and play in the snow again sometime. That was fun the one day I got to do that this winter!

Love,
Addison

No comments: