Mommy and Daddy took me to see an ENT this morning. I think I had mentioned in my last post that we had a referral to have him look at my ears since I'd had so many ear infections.
It was an interesting appointment. First they looked in my ears, then they stuck this other thing in my ear that told them that the fluid that is in there is not muffling the sounds I hear too much. Then Daddy and I had to go in this little sound proof room. Daddy held me on his lap but he couldn't say anything to me. Mommy and the nurse were outside of the room looking at us through a window. The nurse would then say something or play a sound on a speakers. They were testing to see if I would turn my head toward the sound I was hearing. The nurse said I did a really good job! Daddy said that some of the sounds were really soft but I got them all right!
Then we met with Dr. Karlan. He was a nice doctor. He talked to me and showed me the light he was going to use to look in my ear. He said that the fluid on both my ears was clearing and that they looked pretty good today. He checked out my nose and my throat and said that all looked good too.
So, the news is good. I do not have to have tubes put in my ears right now. He said that he wants us to wait to see how things go the next few months. Since it is spring and almost summer he hopes I won't have as many problems. If I have 2 ear infections in a row again that are close together then we have to go back to see him and at that time he would recommend tubes. If I only get an ear infection every few months and the antibiotics clear it up then he said that is the route to go.
So, we'll see what the next few months bring. The news doesn't mean that I might never have to have them but for now my hearing is good and my ears look good.
We're off to Madison for Easter. We're leaving in the morning. I'm excited to ride all the way there in my new "big girl" car seat.
I'll post more pictures soon and maybe a video of me clapping and doing "so big!" I'm really good at that now.
Happy Easter!
Love,
Addison
No comments:
Post a Comment