Hi Everyone!
Daddy and I went to the ENT this morning for my 3 week post-op check-up. The news was good! My hearing tested better than it did the last time I was there and the doctor said that there was no fluid on my ears and that all looked perfect with my tubes!
It has been awhile since I last updated. We have been busy! We spent 4 days in Highmore, SD celebrating my great grandma Ruth's 90th birthday with all of the Lusk family. I met a bunch of new people, went to my first parade and had fun hanging out with all of Grandpa Lusk's relatives. I wasn't a big fan of sleeping in the hotel room though. Mommy and Daddy were very tired.
After we got back I got pink eye and then I gave it to Mommy. We are both doing better now after a week of eye drops. This past weekend Mommy and Daddy did some work in the yard. Our neighbors were getting rid of their mulch so Mommy and Daddy took about 2/3 of it for our flower beds. We had a BBQ on Monday night at the Rovn's house. The Holts were in town from Kansas City. That was fun to play with Davis and Maren.
I'm busy talking and moving all over. I've learned to say Da Da and Ma Ma. I also learned how to shake my head "No." Whenever Mommy or Daddy tell me "no" I shake my head. They seem to think it is pretty funny. I've also started standing up without holding onto anything!
We have been working on getting me to fall asleep by myself in my crib. I really like when Mommy and Daddy rock me to sleep but they keep telling me that I'm a big girl now and that I can do it myself. I haven't been very happy with this idea but I'm learning to accept it. The first couple nights I let them know I wasn't happy about their idea for about 45 minutes-1 hour but now I only cry for a minute or two. I figure it's not worth the energy since they aren't going to come in and pick me up anyway but I like to let them know that I still like the old way of falling asleep better.
I'll post some more pictures soon! We are all looking forward to the long weekend and a BBQ with the neighbors on the 4th of July!
Love,
Addison
No comments:
Post a Comment