Friday, October 9, 2009

Catching Up

Hi Everyone,
I have to apologize, I not been very good about keeping you all up to date on what has been going on around the Lusk house in the last couple of months. I have been a busy girl! Since turning one I have been on the move...places to go, things to explore, people to see!

Here are a few things I have been up to. We went to the cabin with Noni and Mary Ann labor day weekend. Boy, was that fun! I love riding in the boat and I like helping Noni drive. I even learned how to honk the horn!

On September 19th Mommy, Daddy, Grandma Edna and Auntie Molly went to the Humor to Fight the Tumor benefit. They got all dressed up! Boy did they look nice! They said they had a really nice time and that they were encouraged to hear about the progress that has been made in research to treat Glioblastoma. One of the medicines they gave to Grandpa Al is actually having a 50% success rate these days. They said it was a nice evening and a nice way to honor Grandpa Al.

The next weekend Mommy and Daddy flew on an airplane (I like to point to all of the airplanes in the sky). They went to New York for Aaron and Kristina's wedding. Grandma Betty came to stay with me. Mommy and Daddy said the wedding was very fun. I had a great time with Grandma. We read lots of books, played and had lunch with Grandma Edna on Monday. I was sure happy to see Mommy and Daddy on Monday. It was fun to hang out just me and Grandma though.

Last weekend we watched a lot of football. It was the Wisconsin Badger vs Minnesota Gopher game on Saturday. Daddy got me dressed so guess what I wore...yep, my Gopher gear. Mommy was not very happy about that. Oh well, she said it didn't matter since her Badgers won! Monday night was the Packer/Viking game...another divided household game. This time daddy was happy because his team won. Auntie Molly came over to watch the game..she and Mommy had something called a wager on the game. Now Mommy owes Auntie Molly dinner.

Other than that, we've all had a cold this week. I stayed home from daycare today. I had a little fever overnight but it seems to be gone today. Daddy stayed home with me this morning and Mommy is home this afternoon.

In other news...I've learned to dance! I love to high step and turn in circles. Daddy says he can see my potential already to be in the marching band. I LOVE my books. I look at them all the time and love to have anyone and everyone read to me. I'm also very steady on my feet and love to run everywhere. I'm still working on my words but boy do I understand a lot. I can throw my own diapers away and I go to the gate and shake it to tell mom and dad I'm ready for bed!

Ok, that should catch you all up! I'll post some new pictures and another update soon, I promise!

Love,
Addison

1 comment:

Susan said...

sweet girl...so busy