A blog for updates on the Lusk family, but especially updates on Addison for friends and family.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
RSV...I'm not a big fan!
Well, we found out today that I have RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus). Basically this means that I have a fever, a cough, loss of appetite and I am congested. Luckily, at this point I don't have the part where babies wheeze. Mommy and Daddy need to keep an eye on my breathing and take me back to the doctor if that starts.
Starting on Monday night I had a fever of 102.1. Mommy called the after hours nurse line and they asked her a whole bunch of questions. They thought that it was due to my stuffy nose and said I should have some Tylenol. I didn't sleep very well on Monday night but my temp was gone on Tuesday morning. Because I'm still working on my tooth Mommy and Daddy thought that my fever might have been related to that. Last night when they took my temp it was 102.3 and I had had been taking my Tylenol every 5-6 hours. I didn't sleep very well again last night and I also developed a cough. This morning my temp was 101.7. So, they decided Daddy would stay home with me and would call the doctor. We had an appointment at 11:40. They swabbed my nose to check for both the flu and RSV. The test came back and said it was RSV. The doctor felt I was doing well considering I had it and told Daddy what to watch for. She said that I was contagious to kids under 2 until my fever broke and that she thought I'd have a fever for another couple of days. I'm really sleepy but for the most part Mommy and Daddy keep saying that I'm in a pretty good mood when I'm awake.
So, Daddy is going to stay home with me again tomorrow and Mommy will stay home on Friday. I don't really like being sick. I'm so tired that I don't even really want to try to stand up which lately has been my favorite activity. At least this is happening this week and not next week when we are in Madison for Christmas.
Just thought I'd let you all know what is going on with me. I'll keep you posted on how I'm feeling.
By the way, how do you like my new up-do in the picture above? Do you like it?
Love,
Addison
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment