Monday, February 23, 2009

Road to Recovery....Not!

Well, my road to recovery lasted less than 1 week! It's official, I have another ear infection. It all started again on Saturday night. After I went to bed I kept waking up and crying. Mommy got up with me around 11:30, I ate a little bit and went back to sleep about 12:15. At 1am I woke up crying really hard. Mommy and Daddy took my temperature becauase I felt warm and it was 101.0 so they gave me some motrin and walked with me until I fell back to sleep at 2:30am.

Yesterday I just wasn't myself. I didn't want to eat any cereal or fruit (you know something is wrong when I don't want my fruit) and I would only eat a couple ounces of formula at a time. I was crying off and on like something hurt and by the afternoon my temperature was 104.0. Mommy called the after hours clinic nurse and she said she thought I should go get my ears checked at urgent care. So, we loaded in the car and off we went.

The doctor at urgent care said that my left ear had an infection again and gave me some new medicine. I ate well when we got home and took my first dose. Shortly after I had it I got sick. Mommy and Daddy knew the medicine might make my tummy upset but thought that maybe I just ate too much because I had 3 Tablespoons of cereal and almost a whole container of pears...I was hungry!

Mommy stayed home with me today. My temp was 100.2 this morning so I'm still taking my Motrin. I ate my breakfast and then took my medicine for my ear. After my nap I got sick again so Mommy called the doctor back and they said I needed different medicine. I have eaten a little bit more now that the yucky medicine is not in my tummy.

Daddy went to Walgreens at lunch and picked up my new prescription and brought it home. I'll have my first dose of that after I get up from my nap. I've been on this medicine before so we know it agrees with my tummy.

I'll keep you posted but hopefully I'll be on the mend soon!

Love,
Addison

No comments: